Tuesday, October 6, 2009

On Being Focused

Those of you who read me will now have two bloggy places in which to do so. I have returned this space to its original idea, which was (and now is again) weekly tips and information on living a wellness focused lifestyle.

I've taken my writing here through a couple of valuable experiments--reading and digesting (hah!) The Omnivore's Dilemma, and the more recent larger project I named Pick One Thing.

I've moved Pick One thing to it's own home in the blogosphere:
I've moved it's tweets there, too:

I hope you'll check in on both blogs each week. News of both blogs' updates, and both Twitter.com badges, will be included on my studio website:

But some of you don't go to my studio so I sure would love to know you're reading stuff here. Follow me. Look over in the right column for follower info., and go from there. It won't open you up to any weirdness, I promise. It's just a counting system to let us know we can find new things to read in our favorite blogs on this site.

On Being Focused

I'm focusing on trying to help the rest of the world know all the great things that have inspired me and my clients, all that I have learned, all that I hope will be of good use to the well-being of others out there.

Yeah, so that's not really a focus, right? That's kind of a world-domination plan. Still, that's what I'm shooting for in the grand scheme.

The efforts related to that have led me to work on the Project Pick One Thing idea for going on three months now. When I finally decided I needed to pick IT as my one thing, I was suddenly flooded with opportunities to build a broader base for my messages.

Building a broader base takes effort, time, priority shifting. I am in the process of all of that and more, which is making me feel unfocused. Telltale signs for those who are getting to know me:

--Late, even more frequently than before. Rushing in at the last moment. Feeling embarrassed about that.

--Gabby as hell. Chatty chatty, so many stories and memories and news flashes about stuff I'm learning.

--Too many ideas, many of which are just plain crazy for me to even consider. (I want to throw a dinner party with a Julia Child theme? What...now? I want to crochet at least 8 gifts for Christmas presents, starting now. What...crocheting at 3 am? I think not.)

There are more signs, but you get the idea. I'm scattered. HOWEVER....

The scattering is one of the ways I gather. It's a personality program I can't seem to shake. Like throwing seeds and seeing what grows. If I spot some hearty volunteer seedlings, I can nurture them into maturity. And I do. And I have!

I'm already being published by a freelance writing studio on health and fitness topics.

Here are links to the first two, on e-how. Please read them and RATE them for me if you can. Rate me high! The more clicks and ratings I get, the better my opportunities will be as time goes by.

"How Total Cholesterol is Figured"
"How to Do Floor Aerobic Dance Steps"

Thank you, fair readers. I know you're out there. I appreciate you and want more of you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment